Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm a recovering, undercover, over lover...

My friend Kari and I were at a bar sharing the current states of our love lives. The consensus: Fuck the bullshit. She brought something to my attention that for a moment, I almost forgot as you may have read in previous posts. This is what she said: "Men. All men, whether black or white, old or young are ALL assholes. You just have to take the time to weed them out and find the good ones." Wow. I thought that this was enlightening especially considering my contemplation of flight from my brown brethren. I guess I gotta deal with the BS from the whole bag of skittles, not just the M&M's.

Well, while I will say that I'll put my hand back in my bag of M&M's to see what may come of it, I'm not settling until I get my Mr. GOODBAR. Yeah, in 2011 I'm not wasting anymore time. I've already began to lay the ground work for my efficiency in finding one worthy of me (see previous posts) it's going down NOW. Don't we all just want to be loved? Don't we all deserve it? I know I do. While I enjoy being single at times, I kind of miss the companionship. I don't however, miss companionship enough to settle for an ASSHOLE as my companion, a broke ass one at that. Fuck that. I gotta say, I'm going to be a little bit more of a jerk when choosing who I'd like to spend my time with...AND THE BETTER NOT FUCK IT UP.

I've always seen myself as a wild stallion. For those of you that know me personally, you know that I am pretty wild and difficult to tame. Well, there are very few occasions that I find an individual worthy of riding me. When they happen to come around, I am kind and allow them to saddle up. However, should they ever take me along the wrong path, I will remind them of how gracious I was just for the opportunity to even stand next to me, by throwing them off of my back with such fury that they will never forget that this wasn't the beast to fuck with. That's where I'm at in 2011. Not taking ANY shit.

My friend Vrere's 2011 slogan: "We used to get it in 2010, now we're getting shit done in 2-0-1-1." 

Anyway, this song is the best 2:35 seconds of my life. It's the beginning of Erykah Badu's "Out my mind, Just in Time" The beginning of the song (my favorite part) talks about how she loved and individual so much that she was willing to do whatever he asked of her. Now the song in its entirety is about 10 min long. Through out it, she is realizing the she was fool to let someone have that much control over her emotions, especially one that was not deserving of such.

Enjoy the videos.



I'm a recovering undercover over-lover 

recovering from a love I can't get over 

recovering undercover over-lover 

and now my common law lover thinks he wants another 

And I'd lie for you 

I'd cry for you 

and pop for you 

and break for you 
and hate for you 
And I'll hate you too 
If you want me too 
Ah, Uuu... 
I'd pray for you 
crochet for you 
Make it from scratch for you 
Leave out the last for you 
Go to the store for you 
Do it some more for you 
Do what you want me to 
Yes I'm a fool for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment