Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lost 27lbs...Getting shit done in 20-1-1

Wassup Homeslices!!!!!

Well if you haven't heard the good news yet, I'VE LOST 27lbs TO DATE!!! Oh yeah!! Why do I still feel fat though? I must have been REALLY fat before. HA!!!! Oh well, its coming off and I'm trying to keep it coming off. I'm giving myself until MARCH to get this weight off. I have 27lbs more to go to get to my to goal weight. This week, I decide to buckle down with a strict diet (NO CARBS), exercise (4 times this week) and NO BOOZING, and I lost 6lbs AND an inch and a half off of my waist.. YAY!

Now, while I have been dieting, up until recently I've been HALF-ASSING it! I would diet and make healthy choices and exercise throughout the week, but when Friday hit, I would go on a 3 day binge. I would eat whatever I wanted and drink all of the booze and beer that my little heart desired. I was sabotaging myself.  Well I've decided that I'm going to GO HARD! Meaning, I'm going to diet and exercise hardcore (maybe medium core on the exercise part - I'm still a little lazy). This means that my diet's arch nemesis will have to take a backseat until March. Who might that be you ask....

My good friend, Johhny Walker. Oh sigh...how I miss him, but it is truly for the best. While scotch has a lower sugar content than all of the other liquors - which is why I started drinking it in the first place- it also makes me want to drink other things and eat things that aren't good for me. Like, drinking a scotch and chasing it with a pint of  beer and then maybe nibbling on potato chips, etc...Now when  you drink about 4 scotches and chase them with 2 pints of beer...well that shit adds up! So, from now on, NO MORE ALCOHOL - PERIOD. As much as I'll miss my friend Johhny for the next couple of months, I'm looking forward to being able to wear whatever the HELL I want this spring. I.CAN'T. WAIT.

Do you want to know what I did?
Well, I've cut out all carbs-alcohol is a carb as well. Now, while I can eat healthy, the drinking is what got me. This is what a low carb diet consist of: Protein and Vegetables. That's it!!! If you're eating anything else, you're eating a freaking carb/sugar what is what adds to your waistline. I've also amped up the exercise routine. This week I exercised 4x. I typically exercise 3x a week. Also, I drink a big jug of hot green tea every morning, which helps speed up your metabolism. Lastly, I try to eat 4 - 5 times a day. This too helps speed up your metabolism. I was ecstatic to find that I had not gained 1lbs during my 2 week excursion to Cleveland! This is probably because my metabolism is in high gear.

Here are some foods that YOU CAN NOT HAVE while on a low carb diet: FRUIT. Period. No exception. If you need something sweet, grab a SUGAR FREE Jello, soon you'll kick those sweet cravings in no time. Veggies that are unexceptionable: Peas, CARROTS, and corn. These veggies are very sweet and contain alot of carbs. Starches: NO FREAKING STARCHES AT ALL! This means desserts, popcorn, anything fried, anything made with flour or wheat and potatoes. Of course as I stated before: NO ALCOHOL. My diet is pretty strict but I'm finding that I have a lot of options. Oh yeah...I don't eat after 7/8pm either.

Here is a list of foods that you can eat on the South Beach diet - Phase 1. This phase usually lasts for 2 week, but I'm going to do it for at least 4.
http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/shoppinglist_p1.htm 
I can assure you that this diet definitely WORKS. You won't gain the weight back.
Another diet you can try: The No Flour, No Sugar Diet. This one is also pretty good AND you can eat fruit.

Now for some of you, cutting carbs is almost impossible. So what can you do? Count calories! This is the system that Weight Watchers uses. You'd lose weight at a slower pace than you would if you went on a low carb diet BUT you'd lose it none the less. Average of 10lbs a month. My mother lost 60lbs in 6 months on Weight Watchers. Now the way WW works is that you're given a point(calorie) value for your weight. So a 220lbs person will get more points that they can eat versus a 170lbs person. You can still have whatever you want, as long as you stay within your point range. Not bad at all. If you really want to go on a low cal diet though, eat around 1200 calories a day. Doing so, you'll lose about 3lbs a week, even more when you add exercise too it!!!!

Check these out: These are sample 1200 calorie diet plans.
http://www.womenandweight.com/1200-calorie-diet-plan/
http://www.weightlossforall.com/1200-calorie-diet-sample.htm

As always do the research and find what's best for YOU!
I hope that this was helpful! Remember, spring and summer is right around the corner!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment