Sunday, December 12, 2010

Farewell

So...Friday was the last day at my job. I've gotta say that I am truly going to miss working there and all of the people I got to know. They had a Christmas party that they begged me to go to. I wasn't going to go but they all chipped in and bought me a ticket to make sure I came. I ENJOYED MYSELF GREATLY and it made me miss those folks even more. Even though the position that I went for wasn't given to me, I feel great knowing that my talent, attributes and personality were truly appreciated at that organization. Who knows what the future holds. When God closes a door, he opens a window. I'm just glad that he let me get to know a few pretty AWESOME people before he closed it on me. Oh well...this is life.
**Sidenote: I had a very fabulous going away lunch with a few spectacular folks - including the President and Vice President of the Cigar Club at Darlene's Diner in Northern Liberties. I had the Potato Pancakes with applesauce, sour cream and smoked salmon, HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!


The Christmas Party/My going away party was held at Paddy Whack's on south street. One of my co-workers decided to go toe - to -toe with me, trying to drink with me. Needless to say, I can't really remember the ride home too much. I had 7-8 scotches on the rocks, and a couple of Lagers. I actually hipped him to Scotch. It's truly the best and for some reason, drinking it comes with the promise of NO hang-overs. YAY!! How many of us have woken up with a morning of puking and massive migraines due to our crazy night before. Oh yeah...Upper Management + Me + Alcohol = Don't mix. I had a few words with our SVP regarding him not introducing himself. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me in the arse. LOL. Oh well... God's got my back :-)

Me and my cubicle boo, Shannon Banana
Isn't she hot?! I gotta step my game up the next
time I take a picture with her. lol
Elise, My fabulous boo Jaleesa, Shannon and me!
The crew, + Lorraine ( the reason why I was able to add the PLP program
 to my portfolio - I'll always love you for that) and Rick/ Rick Flair  in the background.
Shannon, Me and My creative muse intern,
            Rob Lee. Cool dude and an AMAZING dresser!
This kid has style!!!
It was my pleasure to make your acquaintances.

Farewell - J.Cole (excuse the profanity)

No comments:

Post a Comment