Monday, December 13, 2010

Scotch and Cigars...

My weekend has been UN-EVENTFUL. Which for me is a very big deal. I am...the head liner, the main event and the after party. This weekend though, I've been in permanent chill mode. I had Monica over on Saturday. FYI this chic is the awesome-ist (if that's even a word) designer that you have never heard of. She has skill and design like NO OTHER. I am trying to get her to realize this so that we can get her clothing line off the ground!!! It. will. happen. Anywho, I invited her over to talk about life and love. While doing so we drank Johnnie Walker (thanks Cheryl) and smoked cigars (thanks Fran, Shannon and George) I hipped her to some new sh*t - my sh*t - cuz that's how I roll. Of course she loved it!!! Like I've said before, if you let him, Johnnie Walker will be your very best friend!! Good friends, good food and good drinks make my days worth living.

I've decided that I am no longer kissing guys asses! I've noticed that men these days- well they aren't shit!!! They want you to jump through ALL of the hoops for their affection, yet they are offer you mediocrity. My new stance in 2011: Unless you're Barack Obama and can command an army, etc... get the the hell out of her with all of your heirs! You're an average, individual like everyone else! Whoever told you that you weren't lied to you. Stop giving us fabulous ladies your ass to kiss! (and that concludes my tangent)

I have smoked at least 9 cigars this weekend. Scotch and Cigars, my favorite vices. Two vices that don't come with STD's. I'm with it. :-)

Any who, I'd like to hip you all to one of the most beautiful songs that I have ever heard. Nessun Dorma. This is a cover done by Aretha Franklin at the last minute. Her voice is so beautiful. Aretha IS THAT CHICK!  She came up in an era where one actually had to know how to sing. She didn't rely on bullshit producers and repetition to make her sound interesting. A time where one had to actually be a class act - a lady (I'm looking at you, you whore/alley cat Rihanna and you, you weirdo freak show Lady Gaga). Enjoy the song and the lyrics, they almost brought me to tears. Did I forget to mention that Aretha was a child prodigy and can play piano by ear? Google her. After that, Google me. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment