Saturday, December 4, 2010

Kite and Key


Last night I went to Kite and Key restaurant on 18th and Callowhill. While it was a pain in my ass to get there on public transportation (the stupid bus driver made me miss my stop and somehow I landed on Girard), and my friend and I were the ONLY black people there, I still enjoyed myself. LMAO. My bill was an impressive $36. Not bad for (4) Yuengling Lager Pints, a hefty Johhnie Walker Black on the rocks, and Escargot. The Escargot dish, unfortunately, was very disappointing. The dish consisted of soft polenta, a quail egg (wasn't even cooked), frisse lettuce (that was mixed in with the polenta -WTF), pancetta, and Escargot. Given these ingredients, this dish should have tasted ALOT better that it did. Oh well. Aside from that, I had fun. Oh yeah this is supposed to be a great place to go for beer drinkers. I wasn't impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment